Super Coil Kits for Universal Applications
These high output coils are intended for use on either 2 or 4 cylinder motorcycles. Motorcycles that are point or electronically triggered, utilizing inductive discharge type ignition systems would use 140403 or 140403S.
Motorcycles equipped with capacitive discharge ignition (CDI) will really come alive when equipped ACCEL’s Super Coil for CDI applications 140404 or 140404S. ACCEL’s engineers designed this coil’s special low resistance primary winding to match operating characteristics of factory installed and aftermarket CDI systems, getting maximum performance with fast rise times.
NOTE:Using the wrong coil may damage your motorcycle’s electronic ignition module. To determine the ignition type, perform the following test:
- Determine that the coil you are replacing is a twin tower coil.
(These coils will not replace signed tower coils)
- Using a volt meter or 12 volt test light, hook positive lead to position post and negative to ground on one of the stock coils.
- Turn on ignition but DO NOT engage the starter button.
- If there are 12 volts at the coil, the motorcycle has inductive type ignition. If there is no voltage at the coil then the motorcycle has a capacitive discharge ignition (CDI) because the power goes to the control box first.
- Heavy duty 8.8mm plug wires
- Max performance for older motorcycles
- Includes mounting hardware and wire crimping tool
|2 Cyl (1 Coil Kit)||Inductive (non Capacitive Discharge)||3.0 Ohms||140403S|
|4 Cyl (2 Coil Kit)||Inductive (non Capacitive Discharge)||3.0 Ohms||140403|
|2 Cyl (1 Coil Kit)||Capacitive Discharge Ignition||0.7 Ohms||140404S|
|4 Cyl (2 Coil Kit)||Capacitive Discharge Ignition||0.7 Ohms||140404|